Monday, February 18, 2008

The Other Side of the Wormhole

Ok so I touch ground, and get picked up by a girl named "Jessica." I put it in quotes because I don't remember how to pronounce or spell her real name but lots of people in China have a Western name they choose for themselves so the dummies (like me) can pronounce them. "Jessica" is really nice. She brings me to the hotel, helps me check in, and says "Any questions?" She looked like she was in a hurry and I didn't want to keep her so I said no. She said "registration is monday morning 8:30 am" and she left. I had no idea where to go to register except the packet they sent me a few weeks ago said building 5. It's not like I had a tour or had any idea where building 5 was. It also wasn't like I could ask anyone. Not to mention that it was Friday and I had no idea what to do until Monday seeing as how I don't know how money works and I don't speak Chinese and NO ONE speaks English except "Jessica." SO I just watched a little Chinese TV, and went to bed. 9:00 I figured I'd figure it out tomorrow.

No comments: