Monday, February 25, 2008

The Bund

Friday morning, me, Wookie and the Tai girls went site seeing. We took a bus and the metro to get to The Bund, the most famous tourist spot in Shanghai. You can google image that as well. Beautiful in the day and even moreso in the night. The metro let us out at People's Square and we walked. Unfortunately, when looking at my map, I got the Chinese words for East and West mixed up and we walked almost 2 miles in the wrong direction. That's what people get for making me the guide. I didn't mind cuz liked the walk. It's the only excersize I get here and it helps me get to know the city. The Tai girls, however, insisted we take a taxi and see the sites out the window. They told me people don't walk in Tailand. (Mark?) I should have said something when we left and I noticed they were wearing high heels. Slipped my mind I guess. Eventually, they couldn't take it and had to take a taxi back. Me and Wookie trecked on, had a touristy dinner (expensive and crappy), walked the Bund again at night, and went home.

No comments: