Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Countdown

So it's almost midnight and I can't sleep. Not that it would do me much good because my flight is at 7:20 am tomorrow and I'm trying to get there 3 hours early. I just spent my last night in my amazingly comfortable bed (ladies you know what I'm talking about). I said my goodbyes: lunch with Jake, Michaels Diner with Toby, I even made a special "detour" to NYC to meet Scott for coffee. I can't believe that girl still actually thought we went to the superbowl! I have no idea what the hell I'm getting myself into. All my preperation over the last few months has been to get me to this point. I feel like Kurt Russel or McGuiver must have felt the first time they walked through the Stargate, you know that verticle hot tub looking thing, and I have no idea what's on the other side. Oh well, all I have to do now is get on the plane and hope that I don't end up on the next episode of Lost. But if everything goes according to plan, when the 6'2" 265 lb man with the scruff and the cowboy hat gets off the plane, in the words of Ben Farbowitz, "China isn't gonna know what hit it!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gabe

Erica said...

Just want to let you know that Sorel and I are the first to wish you a Happy Birthday. Your local time is 10:37 am and its 34 degrees out in China. Hope your staying warm.

We love and miss you

~Erica and Sorel