Sunday, June 1, 2008

Lost in Translation 2

A lot of times I go to the DVD store to buy $1 DVD’s and read the back to see what the movie is about. It’s usually in Chinese and sometimes if I’m lucky, it’s in English. However, even then, it’s usually wrong or the excerpt to the wrong movie. There was a movie with DMX I think called Jumpout Boys. The back, instead of saying anything about the movie, was just the Wikipedia definition of “Jumpout boys.”

Here’s my favorite. On the back of this one movie, instead of telling you what the movie was about, it was cut and pasted from someone’s review of the movie online. But the best part is that it was a SHIT review! It was like “Wow, I thought that because so and so was in this movie, that it would be interesting. Boy was I wrong! Do yourself a favor, don’t even consider wasting two hours of your life watching this movie. It would be a better idea for you to go to the director’s house and shoot him in the face.” It was like 3 paragraphs of this dude railing on this movie about how bad it was. I was like “I guess it’s a good thing that the people who run this DVD store can’t read English.”

Unrelated note: My allergies are acting up with the changing weather. This Thai girl gave me this little inhaler that goes up your nostril and smells like Eucalyptus or something. It’s very refreshing. It’s called “Poi-san.” I imagine that means something different in Thai (At least I effing hope so).

No comments: