Sunday, June 1, 2008

CInco de Drunko

Cinco de Mayo is not a commonly celebrated holiday here in China. However, there are enough westerners that the interests are catered to. Kind of like Saint Sylvesters day in Israel (New Years Eve). On May 5th, it was my friend Justin’s birthday. He’s from America. He works for this CEO of a huge LED company. LED stands for Light Emitted Diode, and is the latest in light technology. They’re the little indicator lights in your car, or on your iPod. This guy’s company makes “Open” signs, Televisions, room lights, street lights, street signs that tell drivers about traffic patterns, and other stuff. Justin doesn’t work at the company. He is the guy’s private English teacher. So we got a tour of his company to see how they make the lights, and then I’m not really sure why, but the guy drove us to his new house to show that off too.

That night, we went to Taco Paco or something and had Mexican cuisine. After, we went to a bar called Zapatas, and got shitfaced. Always a good time. I like Zapatas. I forgot most of my Spanish, but I think that means women’s shoes? Monique tells me that it won an award in some Shanghai nightlife magazine for “best bar to pick up drunk women.” Ladies night is Monday and Wednesday (bam son!). They actually have a guys night as well! WTF! I love this country. The “night” is only an hour long and we get free beer the whole time, but I surprised myself as to how much free beer I can drink in an hour. Viva la Mexico!

No comments: