Monday, March 17, 2008

Monique and Leslie

So Megan hooked me up with a friend of hers that lives in Shanghai named Monique. I met up with her and her husband Leslie and they took me out for Dim Sum. It was amazing. Monique is such a sweetheart. After lunch, Les gave me a tour of Shanghai. He showed me America Town where I was able to buy expensive American Imports like Rold Gold Pretzels, Dr. Pepper and Cheerios. I was leaning towards cocoa puffs because Cheerios were $10 a box while Cocoa puffs were only $8.50. In the end, I figured I’d stick to 25 cent egg pies.

After we went to New York Pizza, which came highly recommended as the best pizza in Shanghai by Les who is originally from Brooklyn, he showed me another bar district. I found a bar called Woodstock Bar. It was kind of a dive bar playing primarily American country music. Just how I like it, except without the country music. The place was empty. I felt right at home. We also saw the Jing An Temple which is an ancient Buddhist Temple in Shanghai that had recently been turned into a shopping mall, while still retaining its religious functions. I guess it’s got a little something for everybody.

No comments: