Monday, March 17, 2008

1-Up At The Circus!

After enjoying our delicious rice cakes, we went to see the Chinese acrobats with this Australian girl and 2 British girls. It was amazing and cheap. There was a guy who held a 10 foot pole with a wooden platform on top. Another guy balanced on the platform. THAT guy held another 10 foot pole with a chair on top. A third guy got catapulted, did some flips and landed on the chair. Pretty impressive.
Something I’ve noticed about China:
With its amazing roster of talent, the country feels the need to 1-up every other country in every way. They have the longest bridge in the world, the biggest airport, the highest railway, the tallest and shortest person, and the fastest train (Sorry mom, after all that, I took the bus. It was cheaper.)
So I’m at the circus and they bring out that spherical cage where motorcycles spin around inside. I’ve seen 2 motorcycles at once in those things before. It’s pretty crazy. One time I think I even saw 3. This one was pretty small…And it had 8. I get this image of the circus coordinator going “what’s the most people you think we could get in there? You think we can get 4? I’ve only heard of 3. Nah Eff that. I want 8!” It’s like my football coach always said, “If you’re gonna make a mistake, make it 100 miles an hour.”

No comments: