Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fire In The Hole!

So I’m walking down the street and I see some guy who looks like he’s making a vase over an open fire in the middle of the street. I’m not surprised by anything anymore. Anyway I stop to watch for a minute, lose interest and look away. While I’m looking in the other direction, the guy yells something out in Chinese, and something like a gunshot goes off 3 feet away from my ear. I look over a little upset and see that he took the pot off the flame, stuck it in a bag and opened it. Apparently, he wasn’t making a vase, he was making homemade rice cakes and shooting them into a bag. Howie bought a bag. We stayed to watch him make another batch and I caught it on camera. He didn’t seem too happy with this. Whatever. I wasn’t too happy losing my hearing for the rest of the day. His rice cakes didn’t taste that good anyway. We threw the bag away. Even the homeless people wouldn’t eat that crap.

No comments: